Not all security companies are created equal and often there is more to the offer than meets the eye.
1. Statistically homes set up with security are safer
- Homes without security systems are 14 times more likely to be broken into than homes with security systems” –The National Burglary Fire Alarm Association
- A residential break-in happens every 90 seconds in Canada – SGI Canada
- In fatal, preventable house fires, more than 1/3 of the homes didn’t have a working smoke detector – SGI Canada
2. Studies have shown people are shopping smarter
- Gone are the days when the positive customer reviews on the website are the only reviews customers read. Internet savvy customers of today are checking out online reviews, social media or the BBB (Better Business Bureau) website to find out how companies really treat their customers.
- People are no longer fooled by gimmicks and low rates. Today, more than ever people double check for hidden costs while choosing security companies. Warranties, battery replacements, and service fee’s all impact the bottom line of the decision.
- Customers pay attention to what is built to last and what is built to be replaced and therefore suck more money out of their pocket.
- Big isn’t always better. People are finding increased service and better pricing as local companies compete with large corporations.
3. Like anything, some brands are built better
There are many different brands of security systems on the market. Quality equipment is important because this is a long term investment. Some systems like GE and 2GIG require more service work. If you are dealing with a company that isn’t providing warranty, this is a cash bonanza for them. Here are the top five security system brands: