Not all security companies are created equal and often there is more to the offer than meets the eye.
- Statistically, homes set up with security are safer
- Homes without security systems are 14 times more likely to be broken into than homes with security systems” –The National Burglary Fire Alarm Association
- A residential break-in happens every 90 seconds in Canada – SGI Canada
- In fatal, preventable house fires, more than 1/3 of the homes didn’t have a working smoke detector – SGI Canada
- Studies have shown people are shopping smarter
- Gone are the days when the positive customer reviews on the website are the only reviews customers read. Internet-savvy customers of today are checking out online reviews, social media or the BBB (Better Business Bureau) website to find out how companies really treat their customers.
- People are no longer fooled by gimmicks and low rates. Today, more than ever people double-check for hidden costs while choosing security companies. Warranties, battery replacements, and service fee’s all impact the bottom line of the decision.
- Customers pay attention to what is built to last and what is built to be replaced and therefore suck more money out of their pocket.
- Big isn’t always better. People are finding increased service and better pricing as local companies compete with large corporations.
- Like anything, some brands are built better
There are many different brands of security systems on the market. Quality equipment is important because this is a long-term investment. Some systems like GE and 2GIG require more service work. If you are dealing with a company that isn’t providing a warranty, this is a cash bonanza for them.