At AlarmTek we work to promote safe communities. It is proven that when neighbors know and keep an eye out for each other, our communities are safer. For this #knowmyneighbours challenge we encourage you to share your favorite holiday baking with your neighbours. What is your favorite recipe?
This recipe is a holiday favorite and can be found here on allrecipes.com
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup white sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups cold butter
½ tsp rum extract
½ tsp almond extract
2 tbsp cold water
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp milk
1 drop food colouring, or desired shade
1 tsp colored edible glitter, or as desired
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; with a pastry cutter, chop in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir the rum extract and almond extract into the water in a small bowl. Mix into the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, until the mixture holds together in a ball when you squeeze it.
2. Place the dough onto a floured work surface, and sprinkle with flour; roll out into a sheet ¼ inch thick. Cut into shapes with floured cookie cutters, and place 1 inch apart or ungreased baking sheets. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
4. Bake the cookies just until the edges are lightly browned, 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool on sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to finish cooling. Cool completely before decorating
5. For frosting, whisk the confectioners’ sugar and milk in a bowl until smooth. If desired, divide frosting into small bowls, and tint each bowl and desired shade with food colouring. Frost fully cooled cookies, and sprinkle with edible glitter before the frosting sets.
“A trusted neighbor is one of the most effective crime prevention tools ever created”
- Saskatoon Community Watch
Stay safe with AlarmTek today.
Our Christmas sale includes smart systems with video and doorbell cameras!