Between now and September 30th, 2016 organize a block party in your neighborhood to join AlarmTek’s #YXEBlockParty challenge. Each block party will be entered to win a variety of prizes including burgers, hot dogs, freezies, fruit and more for your event!
To win email your event date to: email@example.com
- Location, location, location! The best place to have a block party is near the middle of the block.
- Flyers. Have your planning group go door to door with flyers personally inviting your neighbours to come to the block party. On the flyer have a sign-up sheet with estimated numbers hot dogs, burgers, hot dog buns, burger buns, side dish, salad, drinks and desert’s required. The more specific the sign-up sheet the better!
- Food!! Group grilling is always a hit. When it’s time to cook food a few grill masters roll out their grills and cook up all the hot dogs and burgers for everyone in the neighborhood.
- Table and chairs. These logistics, are something to think about. If possible rent some tables and chairs so everyone can eat together. Or talk to neighbors and see what’s possible with the resources you have.
- Plan decorations or theme. A quick trip to the dollar store can make the day memorable for everyone. Western, Hawaiian, Canada Day or bring back the 80’s it’s up to you!
“A trusted neighbor is one of the most effective crime prevention tools ever created”
- Saskatoon Community Watch
AlarmTek is initiating the #YXEBlockPartyChallenge for the communities we serve in Saskatoon, Martensville & Warman.
Contact AlarmTek today to keep your block safe!